The Outdoor Education Toolkit for Grades 1 to 8 and the Outdoor Education Toolkit for Grades 9 to 12 were developed to enrich and promote a culture of safety-mindedness, increase teacher awareness, confidence, and preparedness to teach outdoor education safety and risk management, and increase student awareness, confidence, and preparedness about outdoor education safety and risk management.
The Outdoor Education Toolkits contain:
- Tips to promote a culture of safety-mindedness among students participating in outdoor education activities
- A checklist for teachers with key planning considerations before, during, and after the activity
- Conversation starters and reflection activities for teachers to initiate, deepen, and consolidate student learning around risk management
- Lesson plans for teachers
- Links to additional resources with supplementary information about specific activities and sports, certifications, and associations
Contact us for a version of the Outdoor Education Toolkit for Grades 1 to 8 that is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This project was made possible with funding from the Ontario Ministry of Education and the Government of Canada under the Canada-Ontario Agreement on Minority-Language Education and Second Official-Language Instruction.