Ophea is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting school communities through advocacy, quality programs and services, and partnership building. Ophea is led by the vision that all children and youth will value, participate in, and make a lifelong commitment to active, healthy living. For more information on Ophea, visit www.ophea.net.
Approaches to Teaching Healthy Living: A Guide for Secondary Educators is an online resource developed to support secondary educators in teaching the Healthy Living strand of the 2015 Health and Physical Education (H&PE) curriculum.
This resource is available to teachers from school boards that have purchased access.
Ophea wishes to acknowledge the following individuals for their contributions to the program:
Program Development Team
- Stephanie Cook, Ophea
- Anne Facey, Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Heather Gardner, Ophea
- Stéphane Giroux, Ophea
- Marie Guest, Halton District School Board
- Darryll Hancock, Peterborough Victoria Northumberland & Clarington Catholic District School Board
- Dave Inglis, Thames Valley District School Board
- Sue McMahon, London District Catholic School Board
- Rebecca Richardson, Halton District School Board
- Gregory Sam, Ophea
- Matthew Stewart, Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
- Carolyn Temertzoglou, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Joanne Walsh, Ophea
- Alyson Beben, Above and Beyond Educational Consulting
- Joanne Walsh, Ophea
Every effort has been made to trace the owners of the copyrighted materials and to make due acknowledgement. If situations are identified where this has not been achieved, please notify Ophea in order for appropriate corrective action to be taken.
Other than Ophea programs and services, no endorsement by Ophea of any of the resources, programs, events, or services mentioned in this resource should be inferred. Inclusion or omission of any particular resource should not be considered as a recommendation or comment on the quality of the resource. No endorsement of any of the included resources by Ophea should be inferred.