Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 addressing the H&PE Curriculum, 2015 continue to be available. Throughout the school year, new lesson plans will be added (identified in green) to further support you in teaching the current curriculum.
- With the release of the 2019 Elementary H&PE curriculum, Ophea will deliver new tools as they become available.
- New lesson plans for grades 1-8, that address the healthy eating component of the 2019 Elementary H&PE curriculum, as well as the revised Canada’s Food Guide, are currently available.
- A new curriculum expectation chart has been added to each grade page as a guide to determine how existing units may be used as reference for addressing curriculum expectations within the 2019 H&PE curriculum.
- A webinar series supporting implementation is now available. For more information visit our professional learning opportunities.
Ophea’s H&PE Elementary Resources include 130 ready-to-use lesson plans per grade, student templates and assessment tools. The resources are organized into two main sections that are consistent with the 2015 H&PE Curriculum: Movement Competence & Active Living, and Healthy Living.
Each grade in Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 includes:
- Introductory content with detailed background information
- New units that address healthy eating and substance use, addictions and related behaviours
- 20-25 units including unit overviews, lesson plans and additional teacher and student resources